We are farm family for over 100 years and we are a full-time farmer of “Ume, Japanese apricot” and “Orange” which are specialty products in Tanabe.
Also, I work with my son and take care of my grandchild.
I and my wife like cooking and we often invite our friends to our house when we get good fish.
I and my wife like the music, so we join the local chorus group, go to a concert and I used to play the guitar and started playing again to improve my skill.
My hobby is fishing and I enjoy fishing with my friends, so we hope we can have good ocean experience with the guests.
When we take a boat trip, you can see the beautiful scenery in Tanabe and Shirahama from the boat such as the coast and sunrise.
Recently, we accept many guests from Europe, the United States, Asia and we enjoy the meal and agriculture experience together.
According to the season, you can experience “Orange picking” and “Ume, Japanese apricot picking” when you stay at our house.
Please visit us and become a part of our family! Mirainouen Takagaki kousi.
This farm might be the reason to travel to Japan;);) the Kousi’s family are totaly harthwarming hosts and people I’ve never encountered. I felt almost like at home.
Kousi picked me up from Tanabe station and took me home.I had an amazing sea cruise experience on a fishing boat, great trekkings and bike tours. They also prepared excellent dinners (fatty tuna like a starter oh yes yes, and Kousi’s „catch of the day” dishes, homemade kimchi, ume from the garden, and plum house wine was awsome) and great big japanese breakfast. The location is great if you are tried of the city - this is Real japanese countryside. If you want to experience a different and slower kind of Japan - I highly recomend this farm stay.
The owner is a very nice person and a good cook too. If you have been to Tokyo, Osaka ... These big cities and you want to experiencing the real Japanese life style. Please come and stay with Takagaki San... I will definitely stay with him again next year.
Very happy and enjoy with my first experience in farmstay.Mr. Kousi and his wife are very nice to stay with.They are very helpful. We had excellent diner and breakfast with their homemade japanease food.
Thank you very much and would like to see you if i have opportunity again. kousi tiyoko.
Despite staying for only one night, I had so much fun and got a glimpse of Japanese lifestyle in the countryside.
- Very nice and friendly
- Played guitar to welcome me at dinner
- Drove me around to show me the neighbourhood like supermarket and primary school
- It was a school day and I was invited by the host to pick her granddaughter up from the kindergarten
- the season for plum was over and we picked some lemon and some mandarin orange.
Boat Trip and Fishing
- It was so much fun cruising around Shirahama.
- We went fishing in the middle of the sea after cruising around Shirahama and I was lucky enough to catch 2 fish in less than half an hour
- The host drove me to a nearby hot spring place where they(and other locals living in the neighbourhood) usually go. And we both enjoyed the relaxing hot spring together=)
- Delicious homemade Japanese food
- We had dinner together with the host and their granddaughters and it felt like I was having a family dinner that I had become part of their family