[About the Accommodation Plan]
Limited to one group per day, a maximum of five people can stay at this farmhouse while enjoying nature surrounded by terraced rice fields.
*An additional fee will be charged for each additional person.
- Kitchen available for use.
- Dinner (Optional Service *extra cost)
We will provide a basic menu including local, country dishes such as "Nizome", "Kagura Udon", and homemade konjac dishes (sashimi konjac, konjac sushi).
- If you wish to have breakfast, we will provide white rice, miso soup made with our special miso, and pickles made from seasonal vegetables.
- If you have any allergies, please consult us in advance.
*The menu is just an example and will change depending on the season and vegetable harvest
[About The Farmstay]
The name "Tanada no Sato" comes from the location of the guesthouse is next to the "Tokubetsu Rice Terraces," one of the 100 best rice terraces in Japan.
While living directly in the terraced rice paddies might be a new experience, the scenery and lifestyle are unique to this area.
The accommodations have been remodeled in a modern style to make for a relaxing time while retaining the tasteful beams.
Please make this special experience of "living surrounded by terraced rice paddies" a part of your life.
Bathing hours: ~21:00
Shampoo and body soap are provided.
*Please bring your pajamas.
[Recommended ways to spend your time]
Come and enjoy the breathtaking scenery and the fun, slight anxiety of wondering if you won't get lost in Takachiho Town.
If you are in the area, please let us know and we will be happy to show you around.
After arriving, enjoy the scenic view of the "Tokubetsu Rice Terraces".
The meal is optional, but we will prepare a country-style meal for you. Homegrown vegetables, konnyaku, and other ingredients are all prepared with love and care.
Please enjoy the home-style cooking of the countryside.
*Additional cost for dinner
There is a well-known spiritual ground nearby called Futagami Shrine that I would be more than happy to take you. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in the countryside and you'll be greeted by a calm space that you won't find in your average tourist area.
[About the rooms]
We have two Japanese tatami-style rooms for our guests.
Futons are available for up to 5 people.
The living room and bath are shared.
Please enjoy eating and chatting in the living room.
*Please let us know the number of guests.
*Please let us know whether or not you would like to eat when you make your reservation.
*Bedding and toiletries will be provided for the number of guests.
[Farmhouse is location]
Because the farmhouse is located in a secluded area, you will not be able to find it easily, especially since it is surrounded by mountains.
We recommend you search for our company "Tomitaka Industries," and meet us there. We can then take you directly to the guest house.
Please be careful when driving up the mountain, as there are some thrilling places where there are no guardrails.
A shuttle service is available from the Takachiho Bus Center. (*Please note that the host is usually in the mountains and may not be able to pick you up.)
[Places to visit in the neighborhood]
- Futagami Shrine: 2 minutes by car, a great spiritual area known only to locals:
- Mt. Kimbira: 10 minutes on foot, great spot to see the sea of clouds.
Convenience stores and supermarkets in the neighborhood
- Family Mart: 10 minutes by car
- A-coop (supermarket): 15 minutes by car
- Cosmos (supermarket): 10 minutes by car
In consideration of traffic conditions, sightseeing, and dining convenience, we recommend that you come by car. There is a free parking lot on the premises.
Guests using a car
- 90 minutes by car from Kumamoto Airport
By Highway Bus
- Please get off at Takachiho Bus Center.
Pick-up service available: Please let us know your arrival time in advance if you would like a pick-up service.
-Please note that it is difficult to accommodate a vegan diet.
-Accommodation fee will be charged for each additional person.
-Please note that meals are not included in the basic accommodation fee, so please apply for them as an option.
-This is a live-in facility, but we do have private rooms available.
- Smoking is not allowed in the facility.
- Please bring your pajamas.
- No pets allowed.
- Please be quiet after 22:00
- Please do not take any of the equipment inside the facility home with you.
- If there is any damage or staining to the facilities, you will be charged for the cost of restoring them to their original state.
- Fire is strictly prohibited in the facility (except for the gas stove in the kitchen).
- Remember to drive carefully.
- Please cooperate in separating garbage.
- Bringing your garbage is prohibited.
Total number of bedrooms：1 room
Japanese-style room：5 Guests, 5 Japanese Futons