Mito No Sato is located in the southwestern part of Shodo Island, in a village with farmland and a fishing port on the Mito Peninsula surrounded by nature-rich sea and mountains. This beach resort has a main house with smaller attached rooms, along with "Cafe Mahirugao." We welcome you stay here and enjoy the many different experiences and cultural activities!
[ Covid-19 Prevention ]
According to strict guidelines, Hotaru No Sato guest house is cleaned daily, air filtered out as much as possible, and all staff practice correct public health measures.
All rooms have been recently renovated to fit a more Japanese-pop fusion design style. Rooms with lofts overlooking the surrounding area are also available.
-There are a total of 7 rooms that range from Japanese style to western style as well as rooms spacious enough to accomodate large groups or cozier rooms to enjoy with your special someone.
-There are two Hot Spring baths as well as an open air bath.
- Laundry room available, pease ask the staff prior to your reservation.
[Guest Who Stay Here Are]
- Solo Travelers
- Special Celebration Groups
- Nature Lovers
There are also various rental items such as an E-bicycle, fishing gear, and more !
Prices vary depending on the room and number of people. All prices do not include tax. To add delicious meals, refer to the options section.
1. Main building, Fuji Room, Japanese-style room, 14.63㎡, capacity 2 people
@ 14,995 yen/person
2. Main building, Fuji Room Japanese-style room, 11.44㎡, capacity 2 people
3. Main building, Shirahama Room, Western-style room, 10.57㎡, capacity 2 people
@14,995 yen/person * Double bed @18,744 yen
4. Main building, Hanasuwa Room, Western-style room on the 2nd floor, twin beds, 16.34㎡, capacity 2 people
5. Wind Cave Room, Japanese-style room, 14.66㎡, capacity 2 people
@ 18,744 yen/person
6. Hanasuwa Room, Western-style room + loft (Japanese-style room), 19.43㎡, capacity 2 people
7.Soto Hama Room, Japanese-style room/ 11.07㎡ / capacity 2 people
8. Gallery Room 2nd floor. twin bed, 12.47㎡, capacity 2 people
@ 18,744 yen ~ / person
- Children prices vary depending on the room.
- Infant prices vary depending on the room. * No need to sleep or eat
Meal plan options prices vary depending on the room.
Adults: +6,560 yen
Children: +4,592 yen
Infant: +4,686 yen
* The price is throughout the year. (No charges for special days and busy seasons)
* One person can also use it.
* There is no limit to the number of nights you can stay.
* Prices do not include tax.
[Recommended Restaurants Nearby]
- "Cafe Mahirugao".
Business hours 9:00 to 16:00
[Nearby convenience stores and supermarkets]
Supermarket - 30min. by car
Convenience Store - 30min. by car
- "Gongenyama" where the nationally designated "Ubamegai" resides.
- "Kazeanaan", one of the 88 places of Shodo Island sacred ground.
- "Shirahama Lighthouse"
- Pick Up available from the port (Tonosho, Ikeda, Kusakabe, Fukuda, Obe).
- The maximum number of people that can be picked up at one time is 10.
■ Owner information
1. Reason for starting the facility
Among Shodo Island, the Mito Peninsula is experiencing a population decline as well as a depleting number of young people.
We would like to make the best use of this wonderful island and hope you can enjoy the nature of the sea and mountains, provide delicious meals and warm hospitality, and develop a one-of-a-kind facility.
2. A word to the guest
The Mito Peninsula is full of activities such as farming experience, fishing experience, Mitop Peninsula tour, and sacred grounds tour.
You can enjoy it not only for occasional holidays but also for any long-term stays.
We look forward to welcoming everyone.
3. Supported languages
Japanese, Simple English
4. Interaction with guests
We Respect the privacy of guests and respond when needed.
[Information on experience services]
- We have an experience plan that you can enjoy during your stay.
- Please ask the facility staff for details such as the contents and fees of the experience menu.
1. Mito Peninsula Sacred Grounds Tour (Time required: about 2 hours)
It is a course to go around the 88 places of Kozushima sacred place by cycling.
2. Tour of the three cities and eight views (time required: about 2 hours)
It is a course that goes around the 88 sacred sites of Kozushima by bicycle. .
3. Tour of Konoura Village (15 minutes required)
It is a course to walk around Konoura Village, which has become 100 villages into one due to the increase in migration from Sanuki Province due to the frequent catch of fish.
4. Farming Experience
At the adjacent farm, you will experience a farmer's experience from sowing seeds to harvesting in the field, and you will eat the fresh vegetables you harvested yourself. From October to December, you can enjoy the experience of harvesting olives in the olive groves and the experience of picking oranges in the orchards.
5. Fishery experience
Head out to sea with local fishermen, catch fish and learn how to cook it! We use many techniques to catch various different sea life!