Largo Guest House
- In the middle of the mountains of the Shiwa region of Tokushima Prefecture, a World Agricultural Heritage Site.
Get away from the daily grind and spend a relaxing time in the beautiful nature that enhances your senses.
[About Accommodation Plan]
You can relax at your own pace in a quiet room or a hammock in the shade of a tree. For those on vacation or working remotely, we have a discounted long-term stay plan that includes free Wi-Fi, work space and free drinks. We also offer a variety of optional extras for you to enjoy during your stay, so please feel free to contact us for more information.
[About the Building]
The owner is present o the property and will be happy to assist you. We have fresh clean water and we do our best to keep the guest house as clean as possible. We also make every effort to ventilate the facility to lessen the risk of covid-19. All staff members wear masks, wash their hands and gargle.
[Number of days that can be accommodated] 2 stays min - 14 stays max
-Adult (1 night with breakfast): 5,000 yen est.
-Adult (1 night with 2 meals): 12,000 yen est.
-Child (1 night with breakfast): 2,500 yen est.
-Child (1 night with 2 meals): 5,000 yen est. *Bedding and children's meals are included
-Child (1 night with breakfast): Free *futon not included
Child (1 night with 2 meals): 3,000 yen est. *futon not included
-Infant (1 night with breakfast): Free
-Infant (1 night with 2 meals): 3,000 yen est. *futon not included
We have two Japanese-style rooms for up to 3 people. The rooms are separated by Japanese sliding doors that can be opened to create a more spacious atmosphere, making them ideal for group travel as well as family trips.
We offer seasonal meals with home-style local cuisine that makes the most of seasonal local ingredients and wild vegetables.
Dinner ⇒ 18:00 to 20:00, Breakfast ⇒ 6:00 to 8:00
-Meals are served in your room or in a shared space.
-Allergies: please notify us ahead of time to prepare special meals.
If you check in early, you can try your hand at picking wildflowers in the fields with the landlord. You can enjoy freshly harvested wildflowers from our own garden with tempura and herbal tea.
- Regular: Sushi (can be changed to a mix rice or white rice), buckwheat rice soup, seasonal vegetables and dessert.
- Spring: Sushi (hanami-temari), tempura of freshly caught wild vegetables, salad with buds and cherry blossoms, cherry blossom jelly.
- Summer: Sushi (taro's stem and myoga), sudachi somen noodles, grilled fish (ayu fish and myoga), eggplant tengaku and
- Autumn: Rice cooked with mushrooms, grilled sweet potato, steak, tofu steak and brownie of chestnut and walnut
- Winter: Herb grilled gibier, potage of taro, salad of crape and radish, chai pudding
We offer a variety of local and Western-inspired dishes using local ingredients.
- For early morning departures, a packed lunch is also available.
- Normal: mixed rice or white rice or bread, miso soup or regular soup, egg dish, salad, seasonal fruit, and a choice of a variety of other dishes.
- Coffee or juice provided
Bathing hours: 16:00-21:00
-This is not a hot spring.
-Please do not leave the water running or dye your hair.
-We provide face towels, bath towels and a hair dryer.
-We provide soap, shampoo, conditioner and body soap.
We offer a number of optional experience plans to help you enjoy your stay. It may be cancelled depending on the weather. Please make a reservation at least 3 days before your stay.
-Picking wild plants
-Making original herb tea
-Fragrant drops plant distillation experience
-Eat and smell Aroma & Herb Experience
-Forest walking tour
[Information about the area]
7-Eleven Store "Miyoshi Ikeda Ueno" approx. 7km
-Hashikura Temple (45 minutes by car)
The temple has a large number of devotees, including morning and evening goma offerings, which have never ceased for more than 1,000 years since its founding in 828, chopstick offerings in the daytime in midsummer, and a solemn star offering at midnight.
-Ikeda Dam Lake (about 20 minutes)
A lake where you can enjoy kayaking and stand up paddleboarding.
-Pissing Boy Statue (about 45 minutes by car)
It is said that in the olden days, children, workers on the Iya Kaido construction project and travelers urinated on the rock where the statue is located.
-Kazura Bridge (about 50 minutes by car)
A bridge made of shirakuchi-kazura (Japanese Judas tree) in the unexplored "Iya" where the sad story of the Heike clan is hidden.
-Reomakogen Golf Club (13 minutes by car)
- 60 minutes by car from Takamatsu Airport.
- When using the Shikoku Kotsu bus stop: Approx. 4 km
from the Miyoshi-bashi, Shirochi, Shirochiage, and Nakanishi bus stops
- By JR Dosan Line: 25 minutes by car from JR Awa-Ikeda Station.
- From the NEXCO West Tokushima Road: 30 minutes by car from the Igawa-Ikeda IC.
-There are 10 parking spaces available (free of charge).
-We can pick you up and drop you off at the nearest location. Please feel free to contact us.
[Check-in and check-out time]
Check-in: 15:00 - 20:00
Notes (House Rules)
For your safety and security, please pay attention to the following
-No outdoor fires are allowed (except for BBQ with the landlord present) to prevent forest fires.
-Please do not talk loudly after 22:00.
-The 2nd floor and the stairway area are private spaces. No trespassing is allowed.
-No smoking in the room.
-Only service dogs are allowed in the room.