[About the Accommodation Plan]
We can accommodate up to 4 guests, limited to 1 group per day, tucked away in the mountains.
- Kitchen is free for use.
- Grilled Takachiho city beef, vegetable dishes using seasonal vegetables
(The host, who is a certified vegetable sommelier, will provide delicious food that enhances the sweetness and flavor of the vegetables.)
(Examples of vegetables: radish, Chinese cabbage, beets, zucchini, etc.)
- Menu: White rice, miso soup with special miso, beet potage, etc.
- Please consult with us in advance if you have any allergies.
*The menu is just an example and will change depending on the season and vegetable harvest.
About Oyabo Farmers' Homestay
Oyabo is a farmhouse tucked away in the mountains.
Surrounded by a 360-degree forest, our hosts live in harmony with nature.
The best thing about Oyabo is the home-cooked meals using our special seasonings and ingredients.
I am a certified vegetable sommelier, and I am confident that my cooking is as good as a chef's, using sauces and cooking methods that bring out the best every ingredient.
We have a pizza oven set up outdoors, where you can make pizzas using our homemade sauce, and we also have dried vegetables for you to try.
About the experience at Oyabo
- Pizza making experience using homemade vegetables: 3,000yen/person
Bake the dough in a pizza oven for a fluffy finish, and the pizza will taste even better because of the natural ingredients.
-Agriculture experience (harvesting vegetables, etc.) + making dried vegetables: 1,000yen /person
You and your host will make dried daikon by chopping harvested vegetables.
*Please let us know which experience you would like on the day and pay in cash.
*Please bring a change of clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
We will guide you to a nearby hot spring or public bath.
The bathing fee will be paid by the facility.
It is also possible to use the showers and baths in the bathhouse.
[Recommended ways to spend your time]
Make sure to also enjoy other spectacular areas of Takachiho City, especially the famous Takachiho Gorge and Amaiwato Shrine.
Oyabo farm stay will make your stay in Takachiho City more colorful.
After you check in, we will introduce you to a nearby hot spring or public bath to soak and relieve you of your tiredness in the bathtub.
Although it is optional, the most enjoyable part of Oyabo is the meal. Please take advantage of it.
Enjoy the meals and experience a relaxed life while being surrounded by nature and harvesting your vegetables.
[About the rooms]
-We have 8 tatami-mat (13.22 sq. meters) and 6 tatami-mat (9.91 sq. meters) Japanese-style rooms available for our guests.
-Futons are available for up to 4 guests.
-The living room and bath are shared.
-Please enjoy eating and chatting in the living room.
-Please let us know the number of guests and whether or not you would like to eat when you make your reservation.
-Bedding and toiletries will be provided for the number of guests.
[Oyabo Farmstay Location]
You can access the house by car by searching for the address.
The house is surrounded by forest and is almost like a single house.
Pick-up service is available from the Takachiho Bus Center or the bus stop in front of the Takachiho Town Hall. (*Pickup service may not be available due to circumstances.)
Recommended spots in the neighborhood
- Takachiho Beef Restaurant Wa: 20 minutes by car
You can enjoy Takachiho beef and a vegetable menu .
- Cafe Konohana: 30 minutes by car, serving fried pizza with pizza .
Convenience stores and supermarkets in the neighborhood
- Y Shop: 10 minutes by car
- Family Mart: 20 minutes by car
- A Coop (supermarket): 20 minutes by car
We recommend that you come by car for the convenience of traffic, sightseeing, and dining. There is a free parking lot on the premises.
Guests using a car
- 90 minutes by car from Kumamoto Airport
By Highway Bus
- Please get off at Takachiho Bus Center or in front of Gokase Town Hall.
Pick-up service available: Please let us know your arrival time in advance if you would like a pick-up service.
-Accommodation rates are subject to a surcharge for each additional person.
-Meals are not included in the basic accommodation fee.
-We will provide you with a private room in a facility where you can live with your host.
-Please note that we cannot accommodate vegans.
- Smoking is not allowed in the facility.
- Please bring your pajamas.
- No pets allowed.
- Please be quiet after 22:00
- Please do not take home any equipment from the facility.
- If there is any damage or staining to the facilities, you will be charged for the cost of restoring them to their original state.
- Fire is strictly prohibited in the facility (except for the gas stove in the kitchen).
- If you are driving, please slow down and enter carefully.
- Please cooperate in separating garbage.
- Bringing your garbage is prohibited.
Total number of bedrooms：1 room
Japanese-style room：4 Guests, 4 Futons