We moved here from Kanagawa, so we are really just playing at being farmers.
Our main produce is apples and plums.
We built our house in the middle of an apple orchard in the foothills of Mt Nakuidake, and live off spring water. Also we built a stone oven for pizzas in summer 2016!
When the weather is good, you can hear birds singing during your coffee break, and at night enjoy gazing at the starry countryside sky.
Of course, we welcome also those who are already used to living in the countryside. Let's chat and share our dreams to each other, as we enjoy life in a countryside village.
We can adapt the check in and check out times according to the activities you have chosen. Just take things slowly!
○Recommended activities to have an authentic experience of the Japanese countryside
1.Chopping firewood for the outdoor bath, which is of course for you to bathe in!
2. Picking wild mountain vegetables.
3. Making tomato puré (depending on the harvest, we may use tomatoes meant for processing)
4. Making rice cakes using a mortar and pestle
5. Making miso, using or home grown soya beans.
6. Making tsukadani with Japanese peppers (in July)
7. Making umeboshi with ripe Japanese plums (at the end of July)
8. Collecting chestnuts (early to mid September)
9. Star observation
○Recommended activities to get closer to local people
1. Picking apples and cherries
2. Walking along the Shiokaze trail (From Hachinohe Kabushima to Hashikami)
3. Looking at fire flies
1.Making stone baked pizza (at lunchtime): ¥1500 per person (price of ingredients included). Time needed: around 3 hours (until it has finished baking)
This experience is available on any day, but only for lunch. The experience starts at 9 in the morning, by making the pizza dough. We hand make an original pizza using local fresh vegetables for the pizza sauce.
2. Jam making, with seasonal produce: ¥1000 per person (take-home OK) time needed: around 2 hours
→ Strawberries: in season at the end of May and early June.
→ Apples (Jonathans): from the middle of September to the end of October.
→ Blueberries: from the end of June to the middle of July
→ Blackberries: throughout July
We make high quality jam using beet sugar. We make it using produce harvested here at Komaki no Ie.
Activity fees are to be paid at the time of arrival.
Please let us know when booking which activity you're interested in trying.
Please note that we cannot accept reservations in winter, as we are away for long periods.
Review >> https://report.tomarina.com/apple-fields-in-the-countryside-5134f2f06f2#.1rjv86ttk
Interview with the hosts >> https://report.tomarina.com/interview-with-the-hosts-apple-fields-in-the-countryside-c421dd3399b2#.z4qwtxsnp