Why don't you experience the relaxed country life at "Kadarubebe", a 150-year-old thatched old house in Kanagi, Goshogawara City, Aomori Prefecture, home of the famous Japanese Autour Dazai Osamu and the well-known instrument Tsugaru shamisen.
The guesthouse has been modernized with a new modern kitchen, toilet, and bathrooms,
Maximum number of nights
- Minimum 1 day to a maximum of 7 days
The same price on weekdays and weekends
- Adult (1 night with 2 meals): 9,900 yen
- Child (1 night with 2 meals): ¥5,500 *Bedding and meals for children are included
- Child (1 night with 2 meals): 3,300 yen *including sleeping and meals for children
- Infant (1 night with 2 meals): Free
There are 2 Japanese-style rooms with a capacity of 5 people (16m2).
There are 2 Japanese style rooms with a capacity of 5 people (16m2).
The toilet and bathroom are shared with the owner.
- Mealtimes: Dinner ⇒ 17:00-20:00, Breakfast ⇒ 7:00-9:00
- Meal area: Served in a shared space.
- Allergies: We can accommodate allergies, so please contact us in advance.
We offer grilled, stewed, and cooked dishes in a sunken fireplace.
- Year-round: Country cooking with seasonal ingredients (Japanese food)
We offer Japanese cuisine with a focus on local vegetables.
- Year-round: Seasonal country cooking (Japanese)
- Bathing time: After check-in to 22:00
- This is not a hot spring bath.
- Please do not leave the water running or dye your hair.
- Pets are not allowed in the hotel.
Pets are not allowed in the room.
- A face towel, bath towel, and hair dryer are provided.
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body soap are provided.
- Disposable toothbrushes are provided.
We offer several optional experiences to help make the most of your stay. Please contact the facility for details.
- Experience making "Keno soup", a taste of Tsugaru (Duration：90 minutes)
- Traditional Sweets Making (Duration: 90 minutes)
- Experience making salmon sushi (Duration: 90 minutes)
- Aomori cypress accessory making workshop (Duration：90 minutes)
- Aomori cypress woodwork (Duration：90 minutes)
Information about the area
- Lawson Kanagicho Store: 5 minutes by car
Large shopping centers
- Superstore Kanagi Town Center: Approximately 5 minutes by car
Recommended restaurants in the neighborhood
- He sushi (0173-52-2039)
A famous local sushi restaurant. About 5 minutes by car.
Local Small Cuisine. About 10 minutes by car.
- Dazaiji Memorial Hall "Shayo-kan" (10 minutes by car)
The mansion was built in 1907 and is designated as a national important cultural property, making it a valuable wooden building from the Meiji period.
- Tsugaru Shamisen Kaikan (10 minutes by car)
It is a facility that introduces the history of Tsugaru shamisen, folk songs, and local arts. In the multipurpose hall, Tsugaru shamisen live stage, Tsugaru shamisen story, and tourism video theater are shown.
- Ashino Park (10 minutes by car)
It is famous as the best place for cherry blossoms in Tsugaru Peninsula, and there are about 2,300 cherry trees in the park, which has been selected as one of the 100 best cherry blossom spots in Japan. In addition, as a place associated with the writer Osamu Dazai, a statue and a monument to him have been erected here.
- Historical Romance "Jusanko" (30 minutes by car)
In Osamu Dazai's novel Tsugaru, "Tsugaru", the author describes Lake Jusanko as "a graceful but fleeting lake, like a shallow pearl shell filled with water". This area, called "Jusaminato", was a hub port in the medieval era for northern trade through the Sea of Japan and prospered in the medieval era, and there are many remains left by the Ando clan, a wealthy Tsugaru clan.
The reason why I started the homestay program:
Kanagi-cho is known as the home of the writer Osamu Dazai and the Tsugaru shamisen, but there are currently no lodging facilities in the town. So I decided to be the first one!
What would you like to say to our guests:
You can enjoy the experience of country life in a traditional Japanese house built 150 years ago. While experiencing Aomori's prefecture beautiful scenery, delicious food, wonderful people, and rich culture.
Japanese only and Local Dialect (Tsugaru-ben)
Interaction with Guests
We respect the privacy of our guests, but we will respond to your needs if necessary, so please feel free to contact us if you have any questions during your stay.
- By air: 60 minutes by car from Aomori Airport
- By Tohoku Shinkansen: 60 minutes by car from Shin-Aomori Station
- By Tsugaru Railway: 10 minutes by car from Kanagi Station.
- We have a parking lot with 10 cars (free of charge).
- We do not provide transportation.
Check-in and check-out time
- Check-in and check-out at the dedicated check-in area
- Check-in: 14:00-18:00
- Check-out: 10:00-12:00
Late-night check-in is not allowed.
Early morning check-out is possible.
Check out early in the morning is possible.
To ensure your safety and security, please pay attention to the following
- This is a purely rural area, so please cooperate with us in maintaining silence.
- All rooms are non-smoking.
1) Japanese-style tatami room: 5 guests16m2 room.
2) Japanese-style tatami room: 5 guests, 16m2 room.